Exploring cost-effective, yet meticulous solutions to enhance future mortar capabilities
Mortar systems continue to occupy a pivotal role in modern warfare and this is only set to grow. There is a proliferation of self-propelled heavy mortars, increasing both range and mobility; precision-guided munitions being more cost effective; and the advancing digitisation and integration of mortars into the battle space.
Commanders of mortar units need to understand where the field is heading and how other nations are taking advantage of these developing technologies, in order to gain tactical advantages on the battlefield. Joining the meeting this year will enable attendees to:
Key themes to be addressed at the Future Mortar Systems Conference include:
- Gain exclusive and current knowledge from an insightful and interactive discussion of the current challenges to mortar operators, such as increasing range and accuracy, while maintaining affordability, and how they are solving them – what technologies and strategies have proved operationally vital?
- Network with the global mortars community, all in attendance to urgently address their pressing requirements
- Learn about the most recent and upcoming developments in mortar technologies including Precision-Guided Munitions, communications systems and simulation and testing packages
The Future Mortar Systems conference series is a truly community event where like-minded individuals can gather in a secure environment to solve their critical day-to-day challenges.
Key topics under discussion will include:
- The digitisation of the modern battlefield and the impact this will have on mortar systems and their commanders
- The future role of mortars – is their chief purpose to suppress or to destroy the enemy?
- How can militaries work with their industrial counterparts to refine and develop this ancient weapon – what are the limits on improvements to factors such as range, mobility and speed of effect?